Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day one

Well, it took a while, but I finally caved. I am now officially a blogging mom-to-be. I used to blog, back when it was super (not) cool in the 7th grade and I would write down unimportant things that happened in my life. I stumbled upon it by accident years later and was reminded about how the Internet never forgets. Sometimes, I wish it did.

I guess this post is just an explanation of what this blog is for. Honestly, it's mostly for me and my selfish need to stop moving for a short time and be at peace. I fully believe it will force me to quit multitasking between my two jobs, band, feeding 3 grown men and myself, managing a house, and possibly taking a breather during the day. Basically, my life has become a blur. A hopelessly wonderful and exciting one, thankfully, but also crazy and ridiculous (compared to what I thought my life would be at this time in my life.)

I have come to the conclusion that I never, ever want to see into the future. If you had told me on the day that I got engaged that in one year's time, I would be finding out the sex of my first-born child, I would have either fallen over or possibly taken back that instantaneous "Yes!" and replaced it with "Um, sure honey, but not for another year, okay?" I'm not saying that I regret a moment of it, but I am thankful God gives us some time to let things cook in our brains in order that we can handle them.

Part of me wants to bring the last 2 years up to speed and get it over with, but I know that there is a time and a place for everything and I know no one will want to read a post that obnoxiously long. And besides, I need a little practice with my "blogging speak" to make this a more pleasant experience for everyone involved. I also thought to myself that my life will actually be less crazy once this kid arrives. I'm dating myself here, so we'll see if I feel the same about that come this summer. But with two less (paying) jobs, and a slight break from modeling until my body gets back into a normal shape, I will have significantly lowered my time constraints. I think full time, baby-caring machine will be a very pleasant career change in the near future. Pumped!

No comments:

Post a Comment