Saturday, February 14, 2015

Countdown.

Disclaimer: As I reignite my blog, I am finding some unfinished gems that perfectly capture the insanity that happens when your brain is pumped full of pregnancy hormones. It's amazing how different my mindset is now, how much less I worry about stuff. Let's just be real here, it's probably only because I sleep through the night on a regular basis....for now. Oy.


Late May 2011:

This is it! I am officially a ticking time-bomb.

Since I found out that I was gonna be a momma back in October, I have had 4 possible due dates, spanning somewhere between June 10-18th. This leads me to believe that I, in fact, have absolutely no idea when this little guy is going to make his way into the world. I'm trying to tune in to any physical and emotional changes that I experience to hopefully get a slight heads up before things get serious.

As my hormones rage on, Aaron is always encouraging and reminds me that even though I'm crying in the bathroom for no reason (I'm sure there were at the moment, but they have been forgotten already), it's just a sign that our little Benjamin is getting ready to meet us! He's also reassured me that parents aren't perfect and I don't have to have it all together...all the time. Staring at our bassinet that is still packed full with baby things I have yet to organize and put away, it's hard to feel prepared for the impending responsibility that is taking care of a helpless human being that looks a lot like you. I will figure things out. I've got a great husband who is a bottomless pit of encouragement and support, tons of family who are already signing the wait list to hold our baby after we do, and a very attached kitten that has convinced himself that I'm his mom and has taught me in just a week how big of a role that is (even to a kitty!).

No comments:

Post a Comment